Former Roseburg High School football coach Thurman Bell is a member of the Oregon Sports Hall of Fame.
Bell was inducted September 19 during a ceremony at the Multnomah Athletic Club. He guided the Roseburg program for 45 years and led the team to four state titles before retiring after the 2015 season.
He ended his career with the second-most wins in state history (332).
The class of 2017 Oregon Sports Hall of Fame Inductees also included:
- Ashton Eaton, two-time Olympic Decathlon gold medalist and five-time World Champion
- Brianne Theisen-Eaton, Olympic Heptathlon medalist and World Champion
- Aaron Paulson, Adaptive sports paralympic swimming gold medalist
- 2002 University of Portland Women’s Soccer Team, NCAA champions
- 2006-2007 Oregon State University Mens Baseball Team, College World Series champions.