It was the last Friday before Christmas and Christmas break for Douglas County athletes.
At the Bandon Dunes Invitational, Douglas County and Far West League rivals Douglas and South Umpqua faced off against each other in a non-league match-up, with the Lancers (1-10 overall) earning their first win of the season, 59-43. The loss dropped the Trojans to 2-7 on the season.
On the girls' side, Douglas (6-1) defeated S. Umpqua (5-6) 32-22.
The Sutherlin boys defeated Harrisburg while the Bulldog girls lost by three in overtime.
Here are Friday's results from the Ray's Food Place Scoreboard:
- South Umpqua 59 Douglas 43
- Sutherlin 54 Harrisburg 40
- Kennedy 44 Oakland 41
- Oakridge 54 Glendale 19
- Umpqua Valley Christian 66 Eddyville 49
- Harrisburg 46 Sutherlin 43 (OT)
- Douglas 32 South Umpqua 22
- Oakland 36 Kennedy 29
- North Douglas 40 Oakridge 21
- Umpqua Valley Christian 36 Eddyille 20